The Staff nurse/ male staff is responsible for the complete nursing care of the patients.
Patient Care Responsibilities
- Assessing and planning nursing care requirements and daily activities for assigned patients.
- To promote a patient focused approach to care in collaboration with all relevant health professionals.
- Administering medication and adhere to hospital medicine policy
- To prepare patient files for doctors round.
- To provide information which enables patients to make choices about adopting a more healthy lifestyle.
- To complete patient documentation correctly.
- To be aware of personal responsibilities in relation to the maintenance of a safe environment and identification of potential risks for all personnel, patients and visitors.
- To ensure patient confidentiality.
- Assist to visiting patients at home, and outings.
- Building relationships with reassuring, listening and talking to patients
- Writing and updating patient records
- To ensure proper observation of assigned patient which includes behaviour, medical complaint and risk identification.
- To assist in checking laundry and dietary services.
- To check laundry and dietary services.
- Handing over and taking charge of shift through written documentation, focusing on patients behaviour, medical complaint and any risk identified.