Kids with a study-related problem might answer “yes” to many of these questions:
- Does your child struggle in school?
- Do you think your child should be doing better than others in the school?
- Is reading harder for your child than it should be?
- Does it happen with your child that his/her head think one thing but hand writes something else?
- Is writing slow and really hard for your child?
- Does your child make spelling and other errors when he/she writes?
- Does your child face difficulty in maths?
- Is it hard for your child to keep notebooks and papers organized?
- Does he/she end up losing or forgetting things?
School plays an important part in the life of a child. Psychological Behaviours affecting a child’s learning ability must be picked on time to be treated well. A lot of signs like academic performance, eating and sleeping problems leads to some serious issues like low concentration, low self-esteem, social-withdrawal etc. A child shows various signs like:
- Poor Attention
- Learning Difficulties
- Deterioration in study
- IQ related problems
If you answer ‘yes’ to the above questions and symptoms match the description, you must visit a professional for a comprehensive diagnosis. There is a number of learning related problems:
- Dyslexia: In Dyslexia, the child finds it difficult to read, comprehend the words. He or she a “b” as a “d,” a “6” as a “9,” the word on as no and so forth.
- Dysgraphia: Child suffering from Dysgraphia faces difficulty in writing, poor motor coordination or problems understanding space.
- Dyscalculia: Children having Dyscalculia faces to perform in mathematical calculations.
- Auditory Memory and Processing Disabilities: Auditory memory and processing disabilities are defined by difficulty in understanding and recalling words or sounds.