Rehabilitation is process in which a person is prepared to resume normal life after an illness, or to restore to their former status.
According to WHO, 2011,"a set of measures that assist individuals, who experience or are likely to experience disability, to achieve and maintain optimum functioning in interaction with their environments”.
It is an active process through which a person adapts or acquires the skills needed to overcome the constraints of disease. Duration of 12 - 24 weeks is required to teach them skills necessary for independent functioning and to promote whole-person recovery.
Areas of Focus during Rehabilitation process:
- Better physical health - improvements in metabolic profile
- Symptom management
- Improved communication and social understanding
- Responsible Decision making
- Acquisition of coping and tolerance skills
- Social and community reintegration
- Vocational qualifications
Mind Plus Rehabilitation Model:
- Mind Plus Rehabilitation model Consists of 6 Stages
- Every stage lasts for 2 – 4 weeks
- The completion of every stage is ensured after conducting by some Reliable assessments by MDT Members
- Total duration of care varies from 12- 24 weeks
The model offers the complete rehabilitation process where the Multi Disciplinary Team (MDT) of Psychiatrists, Psychologists, Nurses, occupational therapist and Relatives together to ensure the overall development of the Patient.
Multi Disciplinary Team (MDT) includes:
- Consultant Psychiatrist
- Clinical Psychologist
- Occupational Therapist
- Mental Health Nurses
- Therapy Coordinators / Heads of Care
- Support / social worker