A lot of us experience difficulty while sleeping at one time or another. This usually happens due to stress, anxiety, travel, poor health, or other momentary interruptions in the daily routine. But if difficulty in sleep is a regular occurrence and interferes with daily life, one may be suffering from a sleep disorder. Sleep disorders are characterized by a disturbance in the quantity, quality or timing of sleep. There are nearly 90 recognized sleep disorders; insomnia, sleepwalking and sleep terrors are the commonly prevalent ones.
Following are some of the questions you need to ask yourself if you are suffering from sleep impairments:
- Do you feel irritable or drowsy or experience day time fatigue?
- Do you experience a problem with falling or staying asleep?
- Do you have problems staying awake while watching television, reading or driving a car?
- Do you have difficulty concentrating in the day to day jobs?
- Do you often get told by others that you look worn out or tired?
- Do feel a strong urge to take a nap more or less every day?
- Do you need caffeinated beverages to revitalize yourself?
If you have answered yes to most of the questions, there are chances that you may be experiencing a sleep disorder.
The present day hectic lifestyle has left many professionals complaining that they cannot sleep at night and sleep disorders are in fact the most neglected. Even children and adolescents may suffer from disturbances in sleep. Research suggests that sleep disorders, affect around 70% of children with developmental or psychological disorders, and often go under-reported and under-treated. Sleep-phase disruption is common among adolescents, whose school schedules are frequently incompatible with their natural body clock.
Treatments for sleep disorders generally cover:
Mindplus Retreat, Ludhiana offers one of the best treatments for sleep disorders. It follows a multidisciplinary intervention plan for the effective treatment of various sleep disorders. It is customized for individuals based on the need and requirement of the suffering patients. Following are some of the treatment options available for the sleep disorders which can be used individually or in combination with other treatment modules.
- Pharmacological Interventions – Medication
- Behavioural and psychotherapeutic treatment – In addition to treatment for any underlying causes, we offer a short term (once a week for 8-12 weeks) sleep training program which addresses behavioural and cognitive factors that can promote good quality sleep and help you make modifications in your sleep routine.
- Rehabilitation – In our rehabilitation intervention plan, we offer regular assessments and self-monitoring tips which allows the patient to understand and manage the sleep patterns in a better and effective way.
To a certain extent, the option of treatment depends on the patient’s diagnosis, medical and psychiatric history and the expertise of the clinician. Management of disturbed sleep patterns that are secondary to mental, medical, or substance abuse disorders are also focused on.
We at Mind Plus Retreat Ludhiana aspire to educate and guide people about the symptoms of common sleep disorders. Our Sleep Clinic is endowed with all the modern sleeping aids that help us perform a detailed evaluation, as well as offer treatment for all sleep disorders.
For further assistance, contact Sleep Clinic at Mind Plus Retreat, Ludhiana.